Friday, November 25, 2016

 Schlitz, L. A., & Byrd, R. (2007). Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!: Voices from a Medieval Village. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick Press. 

The book is a dramatic representation of medieval times told is poetic verse to express the hardships that young maidens faced and certain royal groups who believe their more superior to the poor. Not only did the poor servant groups find their lives hard but some sought to find love and that was no easy task. Other characters like this Jew boy and a Christian girl who bonded over skipping rocks on the little stream that separated both parties. Before they bonded the Christian girl was going to throw rocks at Jews, because she had seen others do that to the Jews. Luckily she decided to follow her own ideas and befriend the boy. Read about the other character told in this medieval setting. You may like the girl who was raised by sheep or the sisters who want to marry a handsome lad. 
This is by far the worst book I read and I wouldn't recommended it to anyone. I like poetry but the setting of medieval times just didn't appeal to me. I believe drama teachers would benefit greatly using this book in drama club. This book just wasn't the right fit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment