Friday, November 25, 2016

Frogs


 Bishop, N. (2008). Frogs. New York, NY: Scholastic Nonfiction. 
🐸 This nonfiction book is about frogs and how frogs can be found on every continent except Antarctica (Too cold). This book is very informative and it gives readers information and interesting facts about frogs. For example, the biggest frog, Goliath, is from Africa and it's as heavy as a newborn baby. That's a very big frog by the way, and I can't even imagine holding the frog like a baby. Nic Bishop who is the author of the book even clears the misconception of how toads are like frog but they just have dry skin and can live father away from the water. Another interesting fact that Mr. Bishop states that there was a pet toad from England that lived for thirty-six years. That's just crazy cool. One particularly cool frog is the dart poison frog (yes, they're poisonous), because their skin contains enough poison that can kill ten people. 
I like nonfiction books because there's always something to new to learn. I also loved all the pictures and interesting facts about some of the frogs. I know for a fact some of my students will really like this book for it's details and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment