Harris, R. H., & Emberley, M. (1999). It's so Amazing! A book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families. Somerville, MA: Candlewick Press.
This informative book is about the life cycle of humans, but it's explained in simpler terms for the young children to understand. Have you ever been asked, "Where do babies come from? or How do women have babies?" then this book is the right tool to help explain some things to your curious little ones. I must admit the book has a lot of information about how boy's and girl's go through different changes in their bodies, and what bodily functions develop as they grow from young children to preteen/teenager. Be prepared for an overload of information over physical developments, sex, and sexual diseases.
As I read this book uses a mix array of illustration and even comic book forms of writing this story. Even though, I would be hesitate to have this in the classroom it would be a great addition for a library after some consideration. I enjoyed reading the section that covers twins and more which is very informative about how identical and fraternal twins appear to happen. Consider this book carefully when using it to talk to children about bodily changes.

No comments:
Post a Comment